Children’s Ministry Job Opening
JOB OPENING: CHILDREN’S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
Hours: an average of 20 hours / week
Salary: competitive; commensurate with experience
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Description: Are you a creative, visionary leader with a love for children? Are you energized by opportunities to introduce families to Jesus, nurture young faith, and help equip parents to be the primary spiritual leaders of their kids? Do you get excited about recruiting, training and supporting a growing team of committed volunteers? Do you want to help College Church become a family-friendly “Downtown Church” that is impacting its community for Christ? This position might be for you! The ideal candidate will be mature, reliable, organized and able to collaborate and communicate well with people of all ages and backgrounds.
Candidate Profile: A qualified candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Passion: a love for God, children and their families, coupled with a drive to help them discover God and grow in their relationship with Jesus.
- Creativity: able to engage the whole person in the learning process across the spectrum of learning styles.
- Humility: reliant on God; quick to listen, eager to learn and open to constructive feedback.
- Leadership: able to cast a vision and inspire people to pursue it; dedication to recruiting, equipping and encouraging volunteers.
- Maturity: possesses wisdom and discretion; able to create and maintain a safe place where children, parents and volunteers can flourish and grow in their faith.
- Lead Sunday morning Children’s Ministry programs and oversee all ministries to children (infants – grade 6).
- Recruit, train, equip and encourage a diverse team of volunteers for dynamic, Christ-centered, relational children’s ministry.
- Create and maintain a culture of hospitality and safety; maintain systems of welcoming, visitor follow-up and record-keeping.
- Work with the senior leadership to develop strategies for: o Equipping parents to be the primary spiritual leaders of their children o Creating meaningful opportunities for families and the church family to worship, fellowship, grow, serve and reach out together o Reaching children and families in our community for Christ
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Meet with the Senior Pastor regularly for prayer, encouragement, supervision and collaboration
- Be present at least 46 Sundays per year (and delegate leadership in your absence)
TO APPLY: E-mail resume and cover letter to Fran Fern or mail them to:
College Church ATTN: Children’s Ministry Director Search
PO Box 203
Northampton, MA 01061-0203
About College Church: College Church is a gospel-centered, interdenominational church located in Northampton, MA. We are a congregation of over 150 members with an average Sunday morning attendance of 225. Currently, an average of 40 children participate in our weekly Sunday morning children’s programs, which are served by over 20 volunteers throughout the year. Spacious facility and grounds provide virtually unlimited potential for growth.